Different ADHD symptoms in Adults and Children with Treatment
Did you ever feel that you are having difficulty paying attention to any task that is given to you? Do you act hyperactively towards the people? Does your impulsiveness come in your way of work? Well, you may have ADHD but you may not know the meaning of it. In this article, you will get an idea how ADHD symptoms in adults and childhood look like.
Today we have so many problems and diseases that we cannot count them properly. Even in children, we see many mind-related problems like depression, anxiety, etc. ADHD is one of them. It’s a very common and popular disorder nowadays.
What is ADHD?
The term ADHD represents Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder. The symptoms can happen at any age. It is the most common mental disorder in children and adults.
According to the study, it affects your behavior and your way of paying attention to different activities. It can be developed in childhood and continue through adulthood with the person having it.
Also, it can last for almost a lifetime. It can not be properly cured but some treatments can help in making the situation better for the person having it.
Besides, ADHD symptoms are most visible in childhood but they can be more developed until adulthood.
What causes ADHD neurological disorder?
The causes of ADHD are not any specific kind but some research has shown that genetics is a major cause for ADHD. Other than genetics some other reasons that cause ADHD are listed below:
- Cigarette smoking
- Brain injury
- Alcohol use during pregnancy
Researchers are still researching other reasons that cause ADHD.
Common Symptoms of ADHD
There are three different types of ADHD symptoms that indicates that a person is having ADHD, which are:
- Inattention: A person starts having difficulty paying attention to different kinds of tasks
- Hyperactivity: The person starts being abnormally active or hyperactive.
- Impulsivity: A person starts being impulsive or acts without thinking
Because of these three particular symptoms, the person starts facing these problems in their lives;
- The person becomes careless towards their work, e.g., school work, office work or doing house chores etc.
- People have difficulty paying attention during a lecture or any conversation etc.
- Also, they sometimes don’t listen actively when someone speaks to them directly.
- Moreover, they lose interest in their work while performing any task.
- Soon they become depressed or anxious about the way they are being treated by other people.
What are the Types of ADHD (Attention/Deficit Hyperactive Disorder)
There are three types of ADHD a person can have which are listed below;
- PREDOMINANTLY INATTENTIVE: This type is categorized by difficulty in paying attention. In this type of ADHD, your child would face symptoms like not being attentive to a task given to him.
- PREDOMINANTLY HYPERACTIVELY IMPULSIVE: This type of ADHD is not as common as the other ones. In this type, the child would not be able to sit still for a while in a place.
- COMBINATION OF BOTH TYPES: It is the most popular one among the children. In this type, the child would have a mixture of both the types mentioned above he would be inattentive and hyperactive at the same time.
Most common and easy Treatments of ADHD in adults and children
There is no proper cure for this disorder because it is genetic. However, some medical and non-medical treatments can help improve your situation with ADHD.
There are two types of treatment for ADHD, Medical and Non-Medical.
Some people prefer only medical treatment rather than Non-Medical, but you have to take both types of treatment to improve your ADHD. Because medical treatments are fast, quick and over-the-counter pills like CNS (Amphetamine or Adderall)
Cognitive-behavioral therapy is the best therapy for people with ADHD. It’s because it is a mind-related therapy. It comes under a non-medical solution for ADHD.
Cognitive-behavioral therapy (CBT) is the most popular form of these treatments for people with ADHD because It doesn’t have any side effects.
Nevertheless, there are some medical treatments that involve Stimulants like Adderall or Ritalin.
If you are feeling that you or your child is having ADHD you should take it seriously. The disorder has no cure but you can improve the situation by taking treatments for it.
Cognitive-behavioral therapy is the best and most popular one. Besides, the symptoms can be different in adults and children as well. Also, in terms of quick medical treatment stimulants or CNS works well under the supervision of the doctor.
There are several types of symptoms of ADHD e.g. inattentive, impulsivity, and hyperactivity. In simple words, a person becomes careless, inattentive towards their work.
If you have the disorder, I recommend not ignore this and take proper treatment with medicines and therapies.
Disclaimer: The article/blog is not medical advice. It is intended for general informational purposes and is not a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Always seek your physician or other qualified healthcare provider’s advice with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition. If you have a medical emergency then immediately call your physician or dial 911.